Wordpress or Blogger

hmmm...which one is better?
Its true when people said that, "You need to experience it yourself in order to learn", "No Pain, No Gain". Well, its absolutely true. I experienced this when I restarted this blogging activity in my life a month ago. After I saw a few of my friend blogs just what I had mentioned here, I started to look out for the best platform for me to start the blog. I read a few reviews and I compared a few criteria that might be useful for me in the future. So, after I had done all that, I choose Wordpress, where it is divided into two; Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org (you could read their differences from here or here). In the end, I choose Wordpress.com because I don't have that much money to create a domain (I just restarted blogging...duh...).
After a while, It is not what I had imagined. Then, I made a crucial decision to change to Blogger.com as my blogging platform. So, if you wish to start your own blog, consider this few items;
1. Dashboard
Wordpress provides all-in-one-page links to all items in your dashboard whereby for Blogger.com, you need to click a few times in your dashboard in order to change a setting on your dashboard.



2. Blog Design
This is the main reason I changed. For Wordpress, it supports Custom CSS but there is not much flexibility compared to Blogger, where it provides a few template design plus an easy-to-use Template Designer. You could change the background image or the font colors easily.

3. Blog Stats
Both platform provided an overview of pageviews on your blog, but wordpress could display the whole statistic of referrers, clicks, Top Posts & Pages, Search Engine Terms and a lot more statistics just on one page.

4. Post Category
Worpress provides Category, where you could classify your post into a few categories just in case you aims for a different set of audience.

5. Widgets/Gadgets
Widgets in Wordpress is quite limited but Blogger could provides a wide range of Gadgets from easy-to-use google calendar to complicated and yet powerful HTML/Javascripts gadget.

6. Monetize
Since Blogger is directly connected to Google, its easy for Blogger blogging platform to use Google AdSense to make money from your blog. Just a few clicks, your income is on the go. Meanwhile, Wordpress requires much more complicated process in order to display a single Ad display.

7. Posting and Publishing
Both provides posting for sure(what's the use of a blog if you can't post). However, Wordpress could view a full view of your posting box just in case you want to speed reading or speed checking on your post.In terms of publishing, both provides this service but like I said, in Wordpress, you could classify your post into a few categories.

So, here I am, using Blogger.com at last after a few bumps and barriers on the way. I learned my mistakes and hopefully, I won't do the same thing all over again. Well, we share our experience and we learn from our mistakes.

To sum up, If you prefer a simple and yet easy to manage blogging platform, choose Wordpress.com or else, if you crave for dynamic and flexible template design blogging platform, Blogger.com is the best choice.

syaftome ~ a day pageviews in Blogger equal to a half-month pageviews in Wordpress

0 de' tour comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails