Pāto 14 ~ The Message of Settlement

Aaahhh...yesterday, I received a message from someone. A message that I wished that I didn't want to receive. It's a message from The Guy, whose car that I scratched. The beginning of this story happened a week ago, the eve of Malaysia Day, 15 September 2010. I will not forget this date.
I just can't imagine how this happened. [Source]

It all started when I was too rush to get to indoor stadium for a full dress rehearsal, which supposed to start at 7.30pm, the time that I was informed. I went out around 7.00pm. My house is not too far from there. It just takes about 15 minutes to go there. However, I was kind of rushing at the time, thinking that I might miss the time for the rehearsal to start. So, when I got myself there, I was looking for a car park and this is how it all began.

Since I was too rushed to get a car park, and get myself ready for the rehearsal, plus the radio volume was too loud, accidentally, I scratched another car.
I got myself out from the car, and looked to the other car. It was badly scratched. Unfortunately, the driver was still inside. So, I can't escape from it (hehehe...). My mind can't focus. I didn't know what to do, cause my mind was focusing on the rehearsal. Looking at me in a desperate situation, he told me, "I know that you're involve in the rehearsal, so, why don't I give you my  number and we'll settle this later." Then, we switched numbers. I got myself inside, soon to find out that the rehearsal started at 8.30pm. Damn.

After a week, The Message came into my inbox, "Assalamualaikum, hi there, so how about my car, that you scratched on the night of rehearsal at indoor stadium?" I replied, "It's up to you, I'll just follow, because I know that it's my fault." Then, after that he had told me that he will try to look a place to spray his car and he will tell me about the price.

Today, the moment of truth. I was thinking, that it just costs about RM200, but his message made me shocked. "I already checked for the price, it costs RM300". Then, I asked a friend supervisor of mine for a cheap place to spray a bumper of a car. He recommended a few places, so I forwarded that information to The Guy. Then, he'd told me it's quite expensive because it is Metallic and he asked me how much could I afford to pay. So, I told him, "Since you said it was RM300, so that is how much I will pay." (Am I too nice?) Then, gracefully, he told me "Never mind, I understood that we just celebrated Raya, so just give me RM200." Of course, I said "OK, if you say it like that." I had planned to meet him personally to give him the money, but he said that he can't. So, he asked me to deposit the money into his account. That is what I had done this evening. Aaahhh...at last, my misery ends. It puts my mind at ease. I've done what I should have done.

Luckily, my car didn't scratched at all. I'm just not sure which part of my car that collided with the bumper of his car. Never mind, at least, I don't have to think about how to repair/spray my own car. And luckily, I met such a nice and great guy. Things must have been different if the owner of the car is an aggressive guy.

Foot Note: The dialog, of course, in Malay.

syaftome ~ will try to be much more prudent driver in the future.

9 de' tour comments:

hani apandi said...

mek da lesen, p sik confident drive..takut melanggar kereta orang..haha

baek juak orang ya tek, alu nyuruh bayar rm200 jak..hehe..jap2..

lain kali, be carefully okeh..:)

Vivian said...

so far..blm gik skres keta org n hopefully sikkan utk slamanya..huhuh tp mengskresskan keta sndr ada la..my mistake.

but..kmk puji laki ya..very2 tolerate!

syaftome said...

hani: ada org yg kmk kenal...dahsyat gik...dah ada keta sendiri pun masih x berani nak ngembak...adik disuruhnya...
thanks for the advice...hehe...

BSI: skres keta dirikpun...iboh dipadah...nang slalu...tp x polah papa..dtandah jak...coz takut kelak kenak lagik...haha...

yalah ya...nya nang bait...
rasa bersalah masih ada...
wpun duit dah diberik...

Vivian said...

mula2 dpt keja jak riso mun keta skres dan kinek2 jak mok gi bengkel. tp lamak2..sikda mek itok gik keta skress. hahaha

tua or muda laki ya?

syaftome said...

yalah ya...x kesah mun nya skres...
asalkan bleh jalan...
mun sampei kemek...laen cita lah...

kmk rasa nya dlm 30s...
sik muda n sik tua gilak...

hani apandi said...

haha..jangan ktk..entah2 kmk salah sorang dari orang yg sik brani drive lak..haha..p adala juak drive kadang2..ya pun mun bapak mk ada..mun sorang..sik pernah gik..jadi penumpang jak..ehe

syaftome said...

haha...bla time balit rumah kelak...
ajak bapak ktk...
try memandu di jalan kuching-serian ya..
kompem xda orang ngaco...jln nya pun lebar n luas...hehe...

hani apandi said...

haha..
mek pernah try, dari serian ke samarahan..samarahan-serian..oke la juak..kuching sekali jak..
insyaALLAH, bila dah da keta dikpun lak..baru confident kot..hee..

syaftome said...

oic...mun mok gik mencabar...
g jalan kampung...
try cuba nyelit2...
coz jln nya kecik...haha...

Related Posts with Thumbnails