Nine Eleven

September 11th, 2001. Its been 9 years. I was still in school at the time. But I still remember it till this day.
We were shocked with the unexpected attacks from Al-Qaeda. According to the news. The world was focused to the West. Everything came to a halt. The time moved slowly.

A part of September, 11th Memorial

I'm not sure who was the Mastermind, but I'm sure thousands were dead. Those who were on board the hijacked planes. The pilots. The crews. And even those who worked in the World Trade Center. Everyone was dead.

The world was in jeopardy. Everyone starts to point their fingers to those who were responsible. The terrorist, but not sure who, to be exact. Is it Al-Qaeda or is it some other organization? In the end, someone must take responsibility and punishment is a must to those who were guilty.

The aftermath of the attacks, the world began to focus on Islam. Some of them looked Islam as an extreme religion. A religion, which likes to kill people and perform suicide bombing. A religion, which likes to gather and recruit terrorist. The result, some of them hate so much towards Islam because some of their relatives were killed in the attacks. However, some of them had found the true purpose of life. They searched deep within the writings of Quran, and the teachings of Islam, which doesn't promote the acts of terrorism. They knew that Islam is a way of life, where everything is perfect and clear. In the end, they converted to Islam.

There were many stories behind this particular incident. I heard and I watched different kind of versions regarding this tragedy. The news were great but with some unexplained small details. The media was awesome with the help of audio and visual but it could be confusing. As for myself, I tried to believe in myself. I believe in my instincts. My guts, I'd rather say.

2 de' tour comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Syafique,

When September 11th happened, I was at IIUM's library browsing some books when I saw it on the University' cable television (read Astro - CNN). It was unbelievable and I could have sworn that the twin tall building couldn't just vanished from the face of the earth and tumbling down in a huge dusty explosion.

I remember also I was in a tele conversation with my sister ranting on what had happened. Agreed, the world seemed not only paused at the moment but our normal lives then took a back seat, way back. Everyone wanted to know what happened. Only that time people stopped to moan on reruns and almost perpetual repeats of something shown on air (Astro again?).

Of course, after that the world wasn't the same and prejudice and suspicion bred freely and even encouraged! Thank God we're in Malaysia... the brunt of the incident was lesser to us Muslims.

Oddly though, the event not only gave rise to some soul searching but also a reason to give thanks! We should give thanks to Allah for the many blessings we enjoy now in Malaysia. Even writing these long paras (sorry!) is a simple joyful blessing often overlooked.

Alhamdulillah!

syaftome said...

thanks for such comments....

but its true...
we were and we are lucky...
thank god we are in m'sia...

the rest is up to the people...
to realize that we can't take anything for granted...
to embrace the present and the future of our nation...
and to avoid unnecessary conflicts...

Related Posts with Thumbnails