Pāto 11 ~ My "Malaysia Day" Story

Malaysia Day.
A day to remember the formation of Malaysia on 16th September 1963. That means its been 47 years by now. Almost half a century. But, the history brought us deeper to its true meaning.
It's about unity, not just between Malaya+Singapore+Sarawak+Sabah, but its also about the acceptance of a multiracial country, a country with different forms of understanding and religions. A different work of life with various personal backgrounds.


Why can't we be like them, easy to befriend to others.
My Malaysia Day.
It all started when I was too busy going here and there. Working and Raya celebrating. I forgot to re-charge my hand phone. I believe there was something wrong with the battery. Coz it went flat line in a day. Anyway, I went out with one bar battery. In the end, my phone went black, with no source of car-phone charger.

Time Limitation.
Soon rushing home from Samarahan, I had no time to recharge my phone. So, I went straight to Stadium Perpaduan(Closed Stadium) after I had done what necessary. Luckily, my house is not far from the stadium. Reached the stadium at 7.15 pm. Still had time to prepare. Jot down the name of VVIPs on a piece of paper. Then, I wait and I usher.

The Celebration.
It was awesome. Various ethnic performances. Overcrowded by multiracial viewers, since there was a pre-concert performed by Faizal Tahir and Adibah Noor. The night was full of beautiful lighting and it was so colorful. I knew because I was acting as a VVIP, sitting on the front seat, for our full rehearsal, a night day earlier. Soon after the celebration, I borrowed my colleague friend's phone to send a message to my sister, whose number I wrote on a piece of paper, since I didn't remember her phone number. I asked her to pick me up at the same place, where she had dropped me off.

The Problem
After a while, I started to think. What if I sent the message to a wrong number? What if she didn't get the message? Why didn't I think of just calling her? I tried to look for my friend, but he was nowhere to be found. Aaahhhh~~~I better tried to look for a public phone and there she was. My savior. A cleaner, who was still working. Cleaning all the mess from those who went to the stadium. I asked her, "Is there any public phone around here?". Then, with a simple answer, she said "NO".

My Hero.
Its getting worse. I had no other form of communication. No phone and no public phone. Looking at me in a stressed situation(yes, I was so stressful and tired), The Cleaner, who is in her 50s, from a different education background, different race and religion from mine(I believe so), was voluntarily gave me her Sony Erickson hand phone, so that I could call someone to pick me up. At first, I was reluctant to receive her kindness. But I was so desperate. So, I took her offer.

The Problem keeps on coming.
I called my father. That was the only phone number that I could remember at the time. I asked him to call my sister to pick me up. Another bad news. She went out to watch a movie. Aaahhhh~~~why this keeps on happening? That was what I thought. So, in the end, all that I could do was; waiting.

Once Again.
Knowing that I was in trouble, where no one could pick me up, the cleaner offered to send me home after finishing her duty. I was so glad that she could give me a ride home, but I refused. I was so grateful that she wanted to help, but I just want to wait for my sister a little more. Perhaps, she was on her way. I had thought to give the cleaner some money for using her credits, but after talking on the phone, my mind was focusing on getting home. But I said thanks to her, and a few minutes later, my sister arrived.

Lesson Learned.
Tonight, I learned the true meaning of Malaysia Day. The true meaning of 1 Malaysia. The true meaning of unity. We can't be judgmental. We can't be prejudice. Because, believe it or not, we all need each other. Because there is no country could live in peace and harmony without unity. Otherwise, a country with no unity could lead to jeopardy.

syaftome ~ Happy Malaysia Day

4 de' tour comments:

hani apandi said...

happy malaysia day..:)

syaftome said...

Happy Malaysia Day...
May we live in Peace and Harmony...

MR Bang Miji said...

nice picture..bersesuaian dengn tema 1 malaysia

syaftome said...

aku maen cekop jer gmbr tue miji...

Related Posts with Thumbnails