Pāto 9 ~ Just do It

Fuhhh...just got back from visiting my friend's houses. Actually, I didn't plan to visit them on the first day Raya, but you could say that I'm quite desperate. I just have three days for Raya and on Monday, I'll continue working in the office in order to prepare for Malaysia Day on 16th September 2010, Thursday, the 7th day of Raya.

Respect the elder, and love the youngster
Three days of Raya, to be honest, is not enough for me to visit all of them. At first, I was thinking that I just want to stay at home since we have a gathering with all family members and relatives. However, at noon, before the Jumaat prayer, I changed my mind. Instead of staying at home, it's better for me to visit my friends while I can. Regarding my relatives, I think that I could meet them later but not today. It's better to visit them with the rest of my family.



So, I called my friend, Azami, who is a close friend of mine when  were studying together in Labuan Matriculation College(LMC). I didn't get any response, but I thought that maybe he had gone to the mosque for the prayer. After the prayer, I received a call from him. So, I asked him whether he's at home and whether he have a free time today. Luckily, he was free, so I invited him to do our surprise visit. Then, about 2 pm, I went to his house and plan our visit later.

Basically, my plan is like this. Matang->Malihah->Batu Kawa->BDC->Tabuan->Samariang. So, we proceed with it and just visit our friends who lives along the way. Since we didn't plan at all, some were surprise but some not because they weren't at home. Usually, the first day of Raya is for family gathering, so, most of them went back to their kampung (village). Therefore, we were not able to meet them.

However, the first day of Raya has its own advantages. For some, they usually do open houses on the first day of Raya. That means, we don't have to find a restaurant to have our lunch or dinner since everything was prepared. hehehe. Along our journey, we were served by 5 houses. I remembered what Azami said;
Fasting month was for us to get slimmer, but on the first day of Raya, everything goes back to normal. Nothing changed.
Luckily, I didn't eat too much in each house. Otherwise, I'll have trouble to go to other places.

It is true what I said earlier in my previous post. The true meaning of having Raya is to update or to figure out what your friend is doing. Along the way, we were surprised too, not just the host. We found out that, some people we knew are related to each other. We found out that, some friends of us are closer than we think and we found out that, some of them is getting married. That is the best thing about Raya. You don't know what to expect when you have a chat with your friend. Everything will uncover by itself.

Around 10.30 pm, Azami and I managed to visit 11 houses in 7 hours. That's a new record on the first day of Raya. :) Then, I sent Azami back home to Matang and I reached mine around 11.30 pm, made some coffee and write this post. Even though it is quite tiring, but I am so happy, being able to have my own way of Raya.

syaftome ~ thank you so much Azami

0 de' tour comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails