Tips: Remember a Name

Have you ever been in a situation, where you can't remember a person's name?
You think that you met him/her before, but you can't recall their names?
Well, I've been experiencing this situation for many times before.
It's frustrating, you know, when you can't remember their names.
I believe, people do like it, when you know their names after your first meet.
Don't worry, its natural. [source]
Smiling.
As for me, to be honest, most of the times, I don't remember people's names. Their faces, yeah, but their names, not a clue.
In life, being here and there, travels around, I believe, we meet new people all the times.
So, I think, it's not unusual, if people forget who you are or if you forget who they are.
We get confuse, because, sometimes, we can't relate their names with their faces.
Let's face it, we easily get confuse if you happens to know different people with the same name.
So, to be safe, for me, what I usually do is, to act natural.
Pretend that you know them, talking, listening, and laughing together, but in fact, you forgot who they are. Haha...
In my case, usually, I do know them, I do, but its just that I couldn't remember where we have met.
I guess, it's easier to visualize than to memorize. Don't you think?



Well, let me share with you some of the tips, that you and I could use together;
1. Focus
Remember when I said, "We talks but we can't listen.". This is the time to practice your listening skills. Just focus on what the other person is saying. Focus on them. Be interested and try to capture their first impression. It might be useful later on.

2. Repeat
Repeat their names after they introduced themselves. I've seen a lot in movies, where they practiced this. It seems working. I believe, in our society, we usually don't practice this. It seems so weird and rude. I think.
Another tip. Visualize their names on their forehead. [source]
3. Use
Use their names in a sentence. For example; "Fieza, what do you think about global warning?", "Do you have anything to say, Nana?" Keep on using their names at first, to act polite, but don't too much though, coz its kinda rude.

4. Integrate
When you meet with new people, try to visualize them. Try to capture their first impression, like I said earlier. That's why it is very important. Then, all you have to do, is to relate their names with their appearance.
For Example;
"Fieza, short hair, riverside, from lundu."
"Nana, sweat shirt, scarf, science club."

5. Take a Note
After the 4th step, all that you have to do is, to keep all that record into your laptop, or your pc, or wherever place that you keeps all your records into. So that, it is easier for you to refer later on.
Do i have to use this name tag all the times?
Actually, there are many other ways to remember people's names. But at least, you remember the F.R.U.I.T.
And yeah, a few more tips. Just in case, you were approach by someone who knows you, but you didn't remember them. Don't hesitate to ask "Excuse me, have we met before?", "I'm sorry, I couldn't remember you. May I know your name, please?" Don't be rude. At least, it won't bugging you for the rest of your life trying to recall their names. So, don't be shy and give it a try.

Foot Note: Before you ask, the aforementioned names doesn't related to anyone. hahaha...:)

syaftome ~ always put the location after the names in phone memory 

3 de' tour comments:

Vivian said...

yup..supan kmk mun nemu kwn lamak..tp kmk dah lupak nama..tmbh supan bila nya ingt nama kmk..tp kmk sik ingt..adoh.. kmk nang senang melupakan org. for sure.

"Hello, my name is Vivian. Nice to know you syaftome."

syaftome said...

yalah ya...
rasa bersalah kmk...
bila kmk x ingat nama cdak...huhu...

Vivian, its nice to meet you too...
and thanks for always drop a comment...

ENCIK TIKUS said...

oooooo

Related Posts with Thumbnails