Maturity of Mind

"Am I Not Matured Enough?"
That's the status a friend of mine in Facebook.
A friend, who used to be my classmate, when I was in UTM.
A friend, who "postponed" our graduation together.
A friend, who shared our memories together.

I kind of get the idea. [source]
Then, it made me thinking.
Am I matured enough?
After a series of thought provoking inner-self.
I'm pretty sure, I am still not mature.
Even though, my friend said that I am mature, took into consideration, that I am the eldest.
So, let's see what we could learn about maturity.

Maturity, is an interesting and abstract subject.
It can't be heard and it can't be touch.
But it can be seen through a detail investigation into the person's action and reaction.
It can be seen not through the naked eyes, but through deep listening, we know that he/she is mature.

Maturity, can't be weigh in or measure.
We can't set a standard on maturity scale.
We can't set levels on the progress bar.
But we can define how much they develop, how much they grow up.

Through definition, maturity is all about awareness and understanding.
But in my own words, the first thought I had in mind about maturity is this.
"You need to gain experience in order to be mature."
Yeah, sure, when my friend said,
"You know, you don't have to really experience a work's life and marriage if you want to get mature."
At first, I was hesitant to accept it, but I guess it's true.
You don't have to work and marry if you want to get maturity.
Even a little kid can get matured easily, when exposed to a certain level of  a 'conducive' environment.

So, you see, maturity isn't always about experiences and ages.
It's about how you see things differently.
It's about how you interpret things much more clearly.
It's about how you differentiate right and wrong.
It's about how you choose good from the bad.
It's about how you prioritize things in life.
Once polluted, it's hard to clean up. [source]

As long you know how to do these things and apply it in your routine and daily life,
I'm sure that your mind will go into a state of maturity.
By the end of it, you'll see that you will find peace, happiness and self-actualization.
So, let's hope that all of us will reach the maturity level, and eventually, we'll find the true purpose of our lives.

Great Articles on Maturity:
1. Maturity of Mind is Most Important.

Foot Note: skipped a movie just to write this post. Will try not to postpone on writing if I get an idea.

syaftome ~ learned something valuable about life.

3 de' tour comments:

Faizal n Fashitah said...

Nang menar,.. nya depending dengan bergaulan kita, surrounding kita, etc. Macam aku tok, bila jumpa urang tua.. aku akan act cam urang tua. Bila temu urang mudak, aku akan ikut juak cara sidak. In otherwords, mind aku tok dapat di set bergantung pada keadaan n people surrounding me XD

ENCIK TIKUS said...

gua rasa gua dah matured kot, hehe

syaftome said...

FnF: kesimpulannya...
surrounding influence the way we behave an think...
maturity...just go along with it...

MrT: bleh p'caya ke bro...haha...
apa buktinya...

Related Posts with Thumbnails