Blind Date and Interview

Last night, after work. Browsing through my mail.
Found interesting job opportunities through Jobstreet.com.
Made me thinking.
Am I capable to attend the interview session.
Am I brave enough to face the interviewers.
Am I confident enough to walk through that door.
Dilemma, I have to attend interviews. Damn.
Aaahhh~it made me realized, it's just like a blind date, once I had before.

Believe it or not, Blind Dates and Interviews have the same criteria.
The mystery. The anxiety. The preparation and not to forget, the Q&A session.

Be prepared for the unexpected. [source]
Clearly, a date and interview are two separate things for that matter.
Two separate things, which have lots in common.
A date involves love and relationship. Interview relates to career and path of life.
However, those two leads to the same goal, a better future.

Honestly, I'm so freak out about interviews. The reason, I'm not confident enough.
Ask me to present anything or give a talk on something.
I can, I know that I could do it, and I'll be confident. But not in interviews.
I'm sure that I'm pretty good in communication, but not in answering.
Answering questions, which I don't have the answers.
I guess, I'm terrified of not knowing.

Well, blind dates and interviews are the same thing. Not sure? Let's see.
If you looked at it clearly, you could see what I mean.
It's all about mystery. No idea, about the other person.
Perhaps, in the case of a blind date, you might have seen your date's picture, maybe in their social network profiles, whether in Facebook or Twitter, but you haven't meet them in person.
This is also true in interviews. You don't have any clue on who your interviewer gonna be.
You don't know their personality and you don't know about their profiles. You just don't know anything about them. But they might know something about you. Therefore, you need to be a quick learner, because the only time for you to get to know them is the time when you are in that room.

However, with all that mystery, you are filled with anxiety. You are eager to meet them, because deep inside you, you know that you must go through it, even though the meetings won't fulfill your needs. Even though the intercourse doesn't reach your expectations. You know, that you just need to know for all that matter.

Filled with anxiety, you must have some preparations.
Can't you imagine when all eyes are on you? [source]
Prepare yourself with useful information. Topics is a must in a date.
No topic. No communication. So, just recall on your "conversation" earlier in the virtual world.
Background check could be done too. To avoid something unexpected that might happen.
In interviews, investigation is a crucial part to a success interview sessions.
Firstly, you must know yourself. Next, you must know about your partner.
You must know about the "common questions". You must know about their portfolio.
You must know about the interviewers. In fact, you must know everything.

Here comes the last part, the D-Day, the Q&A session.
The part I hate love the most. The part where I have to talk.
The part where I have to communicate.
The part where I have to question and answer.
But most of it is to answer.
Which is to express myself. To sell myself. To give them a good first impression.
All that crap about how easy an interview is, in my opinion, it isn't true.
It's stressful, even with detailed preparation.

So, at the end of the day, I realized.
In this life, there is nothing that could quite compare to the anxiety and yet nerve-wrecking situation of having blind dates and interviews, where you just put it all on the line and just do it.
Thus, wish me luck in the upcoming interviews.

syaftome ~ lacks of interview practice.

6 de' tour comments:

Vivian said...

first of all..good luck syafiq!! u can do it..apa yg mk baca..ktk tauk apa yg ptt polah..yg belom..ktk blm confident gik mok jwb.build ur confident ok..next month kmk ada talk about career koh..pasal how to write a resume..hahaha last year dapat task 'coming to interview'..

ktk dah ada communication skill bah..ur english r very good..

Faizal n Fashitah said...

Wish u luck then!..
Aku salu mun interview, sikda nak serious2 glak. Aku prefer utk molah cam conversation biasa ngan sidak interviewer.. make them comfortable bila beloyar ngan aku bah. Cara aku tok nang lain skit but menjadi laa.. XD

syaftome said...

BSI: thanks for ur wish & compliment...I am still learning...

btw...cam best jak talk2 ktk ya...
ktk kah yg berik talk ya?

psst: bleh mintak tlg ktk dlm hal2 career tok...hehe...

FnF: yalah ya...ada jenis interviewer ya bleh di embak beloyar...ada jenis nya yg suka molah muka siyes...ya lah x best mun nemu cdak cam ya...

good advise tho...

SweetyMui2 said...

muka confident mesti ada!!hikhik

syaftome said...

mestilah kenak ada...
muka confident...bukan molah muka serius...hehe...

Vivian said...

aok..kamek yang berik. hehehe.biasa2 jak eh..

muka konfident ok! and confident appearance..

Related Posts with Thumbnails