Presentation is not Reading Out Loud

Presentation.
It's not reading.
It's a channel of communication. It's a form of explanation.
My teacher used to say this, "A presentation is a journey."
Yeah, it's so true. It supposed to bring your audience to a journey, which they are involves in.
So, hopefully with this "journey", they'll understanding the message that you are trying to convey.
Try to focus when others speaks. [source]
Reading.
On the other end, it's about, well, read.
You understands the vocal and characters, and from there, you read. Whether by your heart or out load, you voices out your words.
and that's reading.

Presentation, is not supposed to be that way.
It's supposed to be fun, to the speaker and of course, to the audience.
You see, I've seen this a lot, where the speaker tends to read texts from the screen throughout the presentation.
Once they do that, they tends to lose eye contact.
They tends to lose the audience.
They tends to lose the attention.

To tell the truth, I usually shut myself off from such presentation.
It's better for me to read the text myself, isn't it?
Why should the speaker presents through reading, if I can read them myself?
It's pointless and obviously, its boring.

In my presentation, I usually do this. I KISS. I "Keep It Short and Simple."
You see, people doesn't like to read on the screen. Their eyes and minds are focusing on YOU.
The fact is that, the get most of the message through your body languages and hand gestures.
So, there is no point of writing down all that text on the screen.

To add on, presentation is not only about explanation. It's about undertanding.
Encourage others to read. [source]
It's about whether you understands the subject. And that, will help you to show your confidence.
At the end, you'll see that the audience understands too.

To be honest, I'm not really a great speaker, but I love to speak.
But before I speak, I read. Read before speak. So that, you know what you're talking about.
Most of the time, presentation has a time limit, which I was introduced to, when I was in university.
So, through reading, you'll get the idea on the subject.
So that, while you point out your main points, you'll be able to explain more.
"Less, is the way to get more."

syaftome ~ used to present all the time, but now, I'm not.

5 de' tour comments:

Ninie Nordin said...

presentation. erm. tem studi dolok benda ya plg plg plg kmk sik ska! kmk kan rasa kaku kelu kedu kelat kulat bla suma org fokus ngga kmk. huahahahaha. supan asa dirik koh. n cgek jak la lect ska bla kmk present. sora lantang. yarh. kmk asa markah presentation pun tegal sora jak. ekekeke.

syaftome said...

jgn ktk riso...selagi ktk blom habes gik stadi...
slagi ya lah ktk akan molah presentation...hehe...

hmmm...sora lantang...
mesti ada duak tiga igek cermin pecah entam sora ktk nak...haha...

Vivian said...

kmk sik suka present dlok..masa study..mun dpt..kmk past dgn org jak..sbb mun kmk present, nang sik pandey stop mulut, pandey enjen ndah..ya la mek malas present..hahha

Faizal n Fashitah said...

Masa study dolok, aku paling bencik laa molah presentation. Keruk jak rah depan ekeke. Tapi bila dah keja.. dah jadi kewajipan molah presentation depan client. Bila lamak2, jadi nyaman jak present. Klakar pun potpetpot jak eksplen ehek.. XD

syaftome said...

BSI: nang ada...madah x suka present...tp x pandei berhenti ngenjen orang...haha...
mesti smpei kinek tok ktk ngenjen org lam talk ktk nak...

FnF: baguslah camya...practice makes perfect...aku pun still dlm ke arah ya...

Related Posts with Thumbnails