Pāto 18 ~ Got Mad without Knowing The Truth

Wow! Even with ten lanes, traffic jam still happens. [source]
Two weeks ago. Monday. Early morning.
I suddenly woke up. Because someone had knocked my door. I usually lock my door when I go to sleep.
Soon, I realized that it was raining heavily. That means my brothers need my help.
Usually, when I am too tired to send them to school, I just let them use my bike to go to school. While I use a car to go to work.
But since it was raining, I couldn't let them go to school by bike. It was dangerous and I couldn't trust my brother to ride a bike in rain. Because, he just got his license earlier this year.

Rushing. It was already 6.30am in the morning.
I need to hurry. "If I'm late, I will get myself caught in a traffic jam." Thats what I had thought.
You know how it goes, when it's raining. We tend to get caught in a traffic congestion.
To make matters worse, a traffic jam always happens at Jalan Sultan Tengah, where my brothers school at.
So, I need to rush.



Luckily, their schools aren't too far from our house.
Just a few kilometers away.
Even so, I really need to send them early.
I don't want them to be late for school.

As I was approaching the school's main gate, it was closed.
"Damn, why did they closed the gate? Don't you know that this time is a peak hour, and it's raining."
"Can't you see there's a load of traffic right now."
"Aaarrghhh, this is just making the traffic jam getting worse.", since people used the same entrance to get in and out of the school ground.
"The Terminator", their uniform just like this one. [source]
For those, on the opposite side of my direction, who didn't know that the gate was closed, needed to make a U-turn to get back to the other gate, which they had passed.
After a few minutes of struggling to get my brothers into the school, I managed to drop them safely inside and got myself home around 7.00am, I think.

Two weeks later. Working. Thursday morning.
While I was working, handling public complaints through TALIKHIDMAT system, I found a case, which related to the situation that I had faced earlier, two weeks ago.
Shocked and relieved. I got mad without knowing the truth.
The truth is that, the gate was closed because the security guard had lost the gate's key.

There, I had learned about the truth. I learned my lesson. I shouldn't act so intuitively.
Well, everyone make mistakes. No one is ever going to be perfect without doing something wrong.
The guard lost his keys at a crucial time. He might have his reason for something like that to happen.
But supposedly, I shouldn't blame him or the school for that matter.
I should've evaluated the situation better. I should've stay calm and think carefully.
Think that there might be a reason behind what had happened.
There must be a cause to every situation. There must be a "why" to every reaction.

Luckily, DBKU Traffic Wardens was there to save the day. They're always there. Otherwise, there is no way, the traffic flows smoothly around that area.
Well, with their dedications and quick actions, they managed to control the traffic.
The traffic congestion didn't last long, I believed, because I wasn't there to wait until it was clear. Duhhh~

Well, the truth is, as human beings, we are simple minded. It's our nature.
We tend to judge others by its cover. We tend to judge the situation without knowing the truth.

So, my advise to you and to myself, don't get irritated with the unexpected.
Don't just evaluate the situation without knowing the reason.
Don't get mad without knowing the truth.

syaftome ~ sometimes, it's hard to keep myself cool.

6 de' tour comments:

Vivian said...

skolah tunaz or bolhasan ka nama ya? hahaha sia la molah kmk stuck setengah jam..geram mek!!

syaftome said...

yep...di sialah kmk hantar adik2 kmk...
kat madrasah n tunaz ya...
cmnei nk polah...
dh jalan dibesar nya kelak...
xdalah jam agik di sia...
xperlulah ktk carik rumah sewa gik...
heheh...

Faizal n Fashitah said...

Sia nang terok jem hoh. Lak once jeraya dah besar lak, jangan jak keta kin betambah juak n start gik molah jem. Ya bok sia2 jak mesar jeraya.. nang sikda pekdah laa..

syaftome said...

yalah...
nang tiap2 hari jem...
tp mun cdak ya cuti sekolah...
xnya jem...kmk konpem...hehe...
tp kelak cdak nk polah traffic light jwak kat sia...
so, t'bantut ckitlah perjalann...

Vivian said...

tp mek rasa..makin besar jeraya..makin teruk jak eh..makin loba jak kereta sia..kdg2 sikda trafic jaga..nang teraniaya la keta kuar dari skolah..nang sik diberik way gik..

syaftome said...

yalah ya...
coz kmk slalu keluar dr sekolah ya...
mun xda traffic warden...
b'janggut jak kmk orng tunggu nak kluar...

Related Posts with Thumbnails