Pāto 22 ~ Life and Death

Yesterday. Morning.
Received a call from my mum.
A relative of mine just died. An in law of my grandmother.
Shocked. The last time someone close died was five years ago.
Even though I was not really close with him, but I could feel his lost.

The Arrival.
They were a lot of people there.
All of us gathered to give him our last respect. To see him for the last time.
Because, we know, after that, we won't see him again. On earth.

At the time, people were preparing to give him the last bath.
Few moments later, they brought him into a special tub, for his last bath.
Afterward, they had put him on the floor and I'd managed to see him for the last time, before they wrapped him with the winding sheet
Lights of Life and Death. Give it a thought. Look carefully. [source]

"I'm going to be brave and not to give in to my emotions.”, I said to myself earlier.
It turned out, I almost cried when I saw his lifeless face, but I kept my tears intact even though my emotions had tried to take over me. Deep inside, there is a sense of regret and remorse too. I wasn’t able to visit him during the last Raya Celebration.  I wasn't able to do it due to load of office works.

How I wish that I could go back to the past, shake hands with him and see him smile. But no, it's not going to happen. So, I just have to deal with it. As I was looking his face stays rigid on the floor, I flash backed into the memories of him kept on making fun of my father’s origin. And it works all the time. His last piece of advice still vivid deep inside my mind too. He told me not to cut my hair short like an army style. Till this very moment, I keep my hair not too short.

After they had prayed for him, I managed to see his wife, my grandmother's sister, before I went back for work. I was glad to see her. There was no sign of crying. There was no sign of sadness.
I could even see a bit of smile on her face.
I was glad that she accepted the fact, that her husband is now gone.

That is just how life goes.
When there is a beginning, there must be an ending.
When there is life, it must ends at some point.
In order to begin a new life in the afterlife. A life of eternity. A life like no other.

Well, for those who are still living on the ground, they must keeps on living.
There is no point wandering on life that ends.
It's better to focus on life that still lives.
It's better to embrace the new future, for family that matters.

I know its going to be hard and difficult at first.
But it's not impossible.
This is the part where family support needed the most.
To support, to endure the pains together as one.
As the time passes by, eventually, you'll find out that the pain goes away by itself.
You'll find that the pain fades away smoothly into the back of our minds.
Death Note: A drama/movie about a guy who could control life and death. [source]

Death. It's an ending. But its also a new beginning.
Its a beginning to learn a new aspect of life.
It teaches us to appreciate life and people that we care and love the most.
It's the time when we realizes that we are making a huge mistakes by not portraying love.
Human, always makes mistakes. We want something when we can't have it.
So, don't make this mistake. Don't wait to show your love at the last minute.
Just to regret that they were taken away by death.

Foot Note: on my way back home from Samarahan, it was raining heavily. I wonder if they had any problems when they buried him yesterday, after Zohor prayer.

syaftome ~ I don't get to know my own grandfather when he died a long time ago.

9 de' tour comments:

ztie said...

oke.. means kmk harus tukar lampu bulp umah kmk lah ow? tp kmk sik pakey lampu 1st left picture ya..

Jue said...

oh sorry to hear that
R.I.P
takziah ka arah kitak satu family, sedara
(psst:nang lemah skit mun maok ucap sedih2 tok..tah tol ksik tulis tok =))

syaftome said...

ztie: kmk ada t'pkr nk makei lmpu belah kanan ya...nya nang jimat...
dpt jimat bil letrik...pc kmk tok ajak...dh makei berapa bnyk letrik...

jue: nvm...thanks though...

n me too...i just found out that...
kmk tok nang xsuka benda2 sedih tok...
tp cepat terasa jwak...

Ninie Nordin said...

salam takzih utk ktk sekeluarga.
ya la. ada hidup pasti ada yg mati kan. -__-

kmk pun pnh juak. tp len situasi la. arwah nenek belah bpak. last kmk temu arwah msa mek umo 7 taun. pas ya sik da temu2 gik smpe nya ninggal. nya ninggal pun kmk org sik pat blt. kpg sidak jaoh dr mesia. rasa tkilan la juak. hanya mampu kirimkan doa jak. huuuu.
-__-

syaftome said...

thanks...
yg penting...ahli keluarganya dpt terimak kenyataan...
coz nya pun dh lamak sakit...

jaoh dr mesia...
ya nang xpat polah papa...
yg penting...doa...

Vivian said...

1 ) pict dunia ya kacak

2) takziah with your lost

3) sikpernah tga death note

4) semoga kubur ya ok. nang susah mun hari hujan. Insya Allah kubur nya dilindungi dengan baik.

syaftome said...

1. pict ya nang kacak...
2. its ok...coz life must go on...
3. ktk mesti tangga cita ya...best...
4. hopefully, xda mslh time cdak mengubur nya...

[zai][han] said...

Al-fatihah.. semoga arwah di tempat org2 yg beriman.. insyaALLAH..

Hargai la bila mana nya masih ada.. sesungguhnya nangis aik mata darah sekalipun xkan ada pengganti...

syaftome said...

betul pa dpdh ktk...
apa2 pun yg kt polah...
past is past...
what important is the present n the future...

so, hargai mana yg ada sblom t'lmbt...

Related Posts with Thumbnails