The Concept of Murphy's Law

"If Anything Can Go Wrong, It Will Go Wrong"
Murphy's Law
 
The first time, I heard about this. It sounds ridiculous.
It sounds funny, because I have no idea what it's all about.
But later, it kept coming back to me.
It feels like karma. Every time something goes wrong, to myself; I remembered this law.
And finally, I know it's true and it’s the real deal.

If You Think Everything Will Be Perfect. Think Again. [source]

I just remembered when I was still studying a year ago for my degree. I had this very important thesis that I needed to submit. But since I did it at last minutes. At eleventh-hour, everything goes wrong. My supervisor was not available. It took weeks to get his approval. It's raining when I was about to submit my thesis. And I had no mode of transportation. My friends, who have motorcycles, weren't available at the time. And at last, when they received a copy of my thesis, it wasn't complete. I didn't fulfill their requirements. I was mad at the time. At myself, but I kept on smiling. Because I remembered Murphy's Law. How useful that experiences was. I really learned my lessons. Never do things at last minutes.

True. Last minute changes bring no good at all.
So, in order to avoid it. Don't postpone your works/tasks/assignments.
So, start from the beginning. Try to finish them ASAP.
But, however, we can't avoid last minutes changes.
We can't expect the unexpected. Some things are out of our control.
So, I what usually do is this; imagine the worst case scenario.
In this case, negative thinking really helps. A bit.
Just to be prepared. So that we have a back-up plan. The Plan B.
Just in case anything goes wrong.
Just in case everything goes bad. Not according to plan.
No Problem That Can't Be Solved. It's Just a Matter Of Time To Find The Solutions. [source]
All I'm saying, in life, a long term plan of life is a must.
We must have Plan A. A contingency plan of life.
However, life has a plan by itself. For us.
Sometimes, it comes in the form of chances and opportunities.
And at other times, unpredictably, unexpectedly, it brings challenges.
In the forms of disappointment, deceptions and despair.
In this kind of times, we need courage the most.
It’s how we handle these challenges that matters.
So, if anything can go wrong, we'll make sure it won't happen.
Even though it does, we'll make sure that we can find the solutions.
By being calm and kept on smiling.

p.s: I'll be gone for a week. Starting tomorrow. Going to Kapit for work.

syaftome ~ already started his Plan of Life

6 de' tour comments:

Coffee Girl said...

But Syaftome dear, haven't you heard of Yhprum's Law? it says "Everything, that can work, will work." It is the exact opposite of why Murphy's Law wasn't globally accepted as THE law, and it proves that with a lot of determination and a bit of stubbornness, sometimes systems that should not work, work nevertheless. And which is also why I believe in the Law of Faith: What you say is what you get.

p/s: while you're in Kapit, I will be on Christmas leave!

Jue said...

aku dpt bos yg perfectionist
tahap kesabaran taip mnt teruji hahaha
PS 'dark cloud' nang ada di mn2..trimak jak la mun karma ka pa dtg..ada sumting waiting behind everything

syaftome said...

CG: i've never heard of that law...
but it makes sense though...
as long as persistent...
and never give up...
things will work...

jue: aku pun sama...
bos aku nang perfectionist...
suma benda nya mok control...
xda freedom lalu nak polah papa...

so, i know how u feel...heee...

hani apandi said...

ktk orang bos?
kmk bapak & mak.
tension? kmk bawa bersabar :)

bapaklah terutama,
sik suka dengar bila mek madah, "sik tauk""sik pandei""sik dapat""belum cukup effort"

kalau boleh, nya mok kmk jadi yang terlalu sempurna..kmk sikpat :(

syaftome said...

bagus bah camya...
nya tauk kemampuan ktk bah...
sebab ya cdak mdh camya...

masa tok mungkin ktk xpaham...
tp kelak ktk akan paham...
bla ktk jadi parent kelak...

so, ikut jak pa dpdh cdak...

hani apandi said...

huhu,insyaALLAH :)

entah2 mek beh gik strict dari bapak mek.heee

Related Posts with Thumbnails