Pāto 4 ~ Fight or Flight

you get the idea...right???

TWO days ago, I received a message about a job vacancy on management and professional group  in Universiti Malaysia Sarawak(UNIMAS) from a friend, who is now working there. And yesterday , my mum gave me a list of vacancies at the same place and she told me to take this opportunity. Then, I started to wonder. Should I take it or shouldn't I?


Hurm....actually, there were many times, where I got the opportunities to work somewhere else. BUT, I took them lightly, where I used my defense mechanism effectively. I started to give excuses just to ignore the opportunities that I got.
People used to say to me, "Grab all the opportunities that you have before it gets away, where in the end you will regret." But when I think about my current job, I love it very much, where I get to learn something new and travel to other parts of Sarawak beside Kuching(a place I have been living until today). Another reason which made me think twice was the fact that I was in the process of learning "English for Business Communication", which took 3 months to complete. I wanted to finish the course because I think it  was very interesting and useful to improve my communication skills in English. It was also a good platform for me to be proactive and improve my grammar, which I think hasn't change a lot. But, at least I learned something new and it is good, doesn't it?

Okay, now back to the job vacancies. I know that my current job doesn't promised much for a permanent post but I liked it very much. Then, I started to think that I am much more suitable to this kind of job. A management post would be less stressful than to be an engineer, where they need to design and know a lot of thing about theories and technical equipment, which I think I'm not quite good at. So, I took a lot of time to figure out what am I good at. After a while, I realized that I'm good at nothing. I like doing everything but on a negative side, I think that I have no focus in doing something. I love to try something new, because you will never know when it will be useful in the future. In the end, the weakness inside of me took over. I couldn't decide whether I should take a career path on management or engineering, because this will decide who I am in 10 years time or maybe 20. So, my decision at this point of time is  crucial, where I don't think a hunch will be able to solve everything but this is what I'll do at this moment. Hopefully, with God's help, everything will become clear.
Note: "If you believe in your choice, fight for it.", The Adjustment Bureau.

2 de' tour comments:

wan said...

IMO, I think you're very good with management since you always organize every event for our class and for JKM and it's all turn out well or excellent if may say it =) But you also very good with technical stuff and it's such a waste if you give up on it since you have spend most of your time study engineering. But at the end, it's all up to you, whether you want to stay at your current job or become an engineer. Anyway, I wish you all the best in anything that you do =)

syaftome said...

thanks wan...i appreciate it so much...
bout the management thing...yeah...i guess its true...
but the technical stuff...not so much...
yeah... i know it is such a waste after 4 years, i don't practice what i have learned...
but after a while since i started to work...
i felt im not really good in technical...or engineering for that matter...
so, i guess its up to my luck and future ahead of me, whether i pursue a career in management or engineering...

Related Posts with Thumbnails