Pāto 3 ~ Almost There



I used to be a button collector but not anymore...

My lovely weekend is almost over. Well, what I've done today. I slept for a few hours in the morning after a sleepless night focused on doing something for this new addictive blog. Then, soon after woke up in the afternoon. I helped pa to clean the fridges. Not the fridges to be exact, but under the fridges. It's been a while since the last time we cleaned the fridge because I didn't have much time during weekends. It took about an hour to finish. I guess doing such a good thing like that doesn't take much time.


After I watched TV for a couple of hours, here I am, writing this blog even though there is something much more important thing to do. My two-weeks-late minutes haven’t finished yet since I was too busy traveling for the exhibition and the fact that my supervisor was not around to check the minutes. It's almost done but the thing is that the meeting wasn't a meeting at all. It's more like a discussion. We don’t have a proper agenda and we didn't get any output or results. No nothing, except for the fact that we will have a follow-up meeting in two weeks time. So, that means I have to finish it by tonight. Hopefully. Another thing that I like to point out is that the discussion supposed to be about outstanding public complaints but then we talked about a proper format for a public complaint statistics. That was two separate issues. I guess all I have to do now is to finish the minutes and let my bosses to deal with it.

That is not too difficult I think. The most difficult thing is when I get a design task. The design part is not so hard, but the acceptance part is quite far from reach. When I talked about acceptance, it's about whether my boss could accept my design or not. I have experienced a lot of difficulties with this part of the job, when I handled a montage project for our department and at the time when I designed a background photo for some of our booth display. It took a lot of time, patience and amendments. The reason why this had happened because they were not sure what they want and they don't understand how designers do their job. If they kept on changing their minds, it's quite hard to finish the products before the dateline.

Last week, I was given another task, which is to design a pamphlet for our national day, where it will be organize in Miri by the end of this month. However, we need to distribute the pamphlets 5 days earlier to visitors of another function in order to promote our national day celebration. So, I have 10 days to be exact, minus the time for the pamphlet printing, I might have only 7 days. But I'm sure my boss wants it asap, so I only have a few days to finish it and it might take time to align myself with their expectations. Hopefully, they want to take my design. Otherwise, worst case scenario, they will have to out-source the design task to someone else.
Note: Three more CBG (Capacity Building for Graduates) trainees will come tomorrow.
Hopefully, one of them knew much better than me about designing.

2 de' tour comments:

yariennisha said...

Ganbatte ne! (untuk task ni xdan dah kot.. sila simpan wish ni untuk task lain selepas ni ye.. ^_^ )

syaftome said...

arigato gozaimasu...
luckily, the three new CBGs are there to help ease the pain im currently facing...
coz some of design task was delegated to them...
fuhh~~~lucky me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails