Pāto 29 ~ Decisions of Yesterday

"A life is like a domino.", anonymous.
 That is so true.
A decision just leads to another few decisions.
When it is not reviewed, it will lead to a few mistakes, and eventually a failure.
So, these decisions need to be reviewed, to make things better in the future.
Unless we do this, we will never learn.

So, what have I done, yesterday?
1. I chose to postpone my work till evening.
When there are so many thing to do, I was forced to postpone my work till the afternoon, even though I could finish them earlier, if I had planned how to do all of them.

2. I chose to let myself do everything
When there are so many thing to do, and my supervisors wasn't there. Everything is up to me. Because I can't see things undone. My heart just can't be at peace with things are left alone. With no one to look into them.

3. I chose to surf the website
After the Jumaat prayer, I seek for available flights in April. To seek opportunities and to have fun at the same time. This thing, actually can be done later in the evening.

4. I chose to go late to the office
Due to surfing the web, I was late. But then, it was my decision to surf the internet in the first place. At the office, I rushed to do things before I go away to other places for an important discussion.

5. I chose to use the car
Afraid that it will rain in the evening, I chose to drive a car instead of riding a bike. But later, I found out that was a big mistake.

6. I chose to do unnecessary work
I didn't set priority in my work. In fact, I wasn't able to. I don't have the skills to do that. At last, I did things which are not my first priority. That thing can be done on Monday, actually.

7. I chose to go at 3.30 pm
My discussion was supposed to start at 4.00. So, I decided to go there at 3.30 pm. Because it takes about 30 minutes by car. Once again, this is a huge miscalculation. That was a huge mistake.

8. I chose to answer for others
At 3.15 pm, there is this woman came to me. She represented the State Secretary. So, I can't just ignore her. She needed a report on Talikhidmat. But the thing is, I did not write that report. It was just handed over to me for processing. And to make things worse, the person who write that report wasn't there. He went traveling elsewhere.

9. I chose to entertain her
During our conversations, she asked a lot of questions. And like I said, I chose to answer her inquiries. And that conversation took about 1 and 45 minutes. In the end, I can't give what she wants. I came late to my discussion for nothing.

10. I chose to use the long road
There are few directions that I could pursue to my destination. The first junction is whether to use the toll that costs me RM 1.50 or to use the main road, which is a road that passes through the main hub of the city. So, I chose to use the main road. On my way, there was traffic congestion. Of course it was. It's 5.00 pm and it doesn't rain at all. Instead of using road which is a straight line to that my final destination, I chose to use an alternative road, because I assumed there was less traffic. Instead, it was worse than before. At last, I reached there at 6.00 pm.

So, you see, life is all about choices. It's all about how we make decision. One wrong move, it will create a full mass destruction to everything we plan. To everything we hold dear to our heart.

So, think before you act. In making decisions.

syaftome ~ another lesson of life

2 de' tour comments:

Coffee Girl said...

Try postponing your car payment for a month... you will suffer the next month. :-) Domino juak ya.

syaftome said...

Hmmm...never tried that one...
but on other things...yeah...

and to recover from that...
it ain't easy...

Related Posts with Thumbnails