Pāto 32 ~ It's Been A Year...

Since the first day I walked through that door. My life totally changes.
I began to question myself. About the purpose of being alive.
I began to ask myself. Is it a place where I want to be?
And I began to look within myself, to figure out my final destination.

I could still remember that day.
It was raining on that morning.
I was soaked wet when I was reporting duty.
But I managed to warm myself before hand before I met our Chief Assistant Director(KPP).
And so, we talked, we chatted and we got to know each other.
At the time, I was thinking he was a serious type of guy, but later I figured, he is nothing like what I had imagined.

Later that day, I got myself into their first staff meeting ever.That's when I got to know everyone, including the drivers.
And that, was also the time, when I was first introduced to Talikhidmat.
A channel that connects the public to the government, which was implemented since 1996.
And it was quite funny when I think about it.
I had no idea what Talikhidmat is all about at the time, and yet today, I'm the one who handle the system.

Through the year, I managed to grab many wonderful and memorable experiences.
At first, I was just a guy who handles slideshows for information counter. And  the guy who they looks for as the clicker in a meeting. Later, I joined the others as an usherette in functions and events. I was also involved in the production of their important documents. But, all of the above can't be compared to the time when I was assigned the most difficult task of all. The assignment that needed me to produce the organization corporate video.

The task should be easy, after the boss discouraged my colleague and I on our first preview. The designing part then, was outsource to a third party, but I was still assigned as the supervisor. Due to uncontrolled communication blocks, I got stucked in the between. The boss kept on changing their ideas, and those graphic designers cannot give something that we want. It was very stressful and painful week. I had to stay in the office every night with the designers in order to finish the video, before the deadline. At last, it wasn't finished completely. Even though it was a failure, but I've learned my lessons. "Kept both parties together in order to reach final understanding, even though it might take a while."

Working in that department, it felt like a gift to me.
It's like I was meant to work there. To be there.
And like I said, I began to know myself.
I know what I want. And I absolutely don't want to look for another job for a year.
I want to have at least one year experience in the organization.
And I also wants to travel to every region in the state.
Now since all of that was completed, I can now move on.
I can look forward for better chance and opportunity.
At least, I can say, "I have one year experience."

However, in that journey, it wasn't easy.
There were some intersection of life changing moments.
I was introduced to a better program. A better opportunity.
But after I think it through, I stayed.
I don't want to stop half-way through the English class that I had involved in.
And because of the fact that, my quest wasn't completed.

Till today, I don't regret my decision that I've made on that Friday afternoon.
I believes, everyone must, at some point, make the biggest decision in their life.
As for mine, that was my biggest decision so far.
It took me the whole weekend for me to reconsider my early option.
But I've made my decision, when I decided not to call them, afterward.

And thus, here I like to say to myself;
Happy Anniversary Syaftome,
No matter what you've gone through,
You stays positive, with an optimistic mind.
No matter what people says,
You stays strong, and becomes invisible.

There will be much more challenges and obstacles up ahead for you,
But do not waver, and so, moves ahead without fear.
I know you can do it. And you will.
And so, Good Luck to you.
And I'll always believes in YOU.

Foot Note: Today, another history was made. I finally changed my service provider from Maxis to DiGi after years of loyalty just to subscribe the DG Smart Plan Lite.

syaftome ~ there is so much thing to write when the ideas are overloaded.

3 de' tour comments:

Coffee Girl said...

Happy Anniversary Syaf! How long has it been? Good morning motivation. :-) So when next I attempt to cross my other bridges, I'll always remember I have known friends who did and survived. Good luck with the rest of the endeavors!

syaftome said...

thank you CG...

it's been a year of meaningful experiences...
I can't imagine if I were working somewhere else...
because that's the place my fate brings me...

Good luck to you too...

Coffee Girl said...

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails